7/01/2012

Arrived in Turkey for the summer

Well this will be my first blog post for this summer and it will give detailed summery on what has happened to me so far. So when we first arrived in Fethiye we had to wait for our cab to show up then when we got home we fell asleep because it was really late.  Turkey is 8 time zones ahead of my hometown in Texas.


Then the next day we went to a ice cream guy (Turkish ice cream) and he did a show and got ice cream on my face ):. WASTER!!!!!! Turkish ice cream man (we didn't have a camera with us so this is someone else)


Lounging in hammock on foredeck


The bays are very deep right up to the shore.  So we must tie
a stern line to shore to hold the boat with the anchor all night.

Had fun snorkeling behind our boat

 Then we went to the store. When we got back we got some fresh cherries that were Delicious. Then the next day we went to a new place with nothing really all of that special about it. We anchored there 2 nights. 


Rock tombs I wanted to climb up to
More rock tombs up there




















Then when we went to the next place there were some Lycian rock tombs there and I would have loved to go climb up to them, but Tutu and Papa were really lazy and never went up there with me (wouldn't let me got on my own because I recently broke my arm and was still wearing a brace).  They said it was too hot to climb up there.
















Then after that we went to a really quiet place and I went kayaking for so long and so far away that I sunburned my right arm where my cast was. That spot was whiter than the rest of my arms and legs.  





Kayaked for a long time and a long way from the boat.  I had fun exploring by myself
and getting away from the family for awhile.

Then later early in the morning we left to go 45 miles across a small gulf. But that plan was a plan gone wrong. The wind was too strong and the waves were against us and were very close together.  It was rough and slowing us down too much.  So we went off course and went somewhere else. 


Love these big red Turkish peppers.  Tutu grills them.
Then the next day that we were there we went swimming and I saw the impossible.... a giant tuna that was the same size as me 5 FEET LONG!!!!!!! I just thought that was inconceivable. 


The next day we took a tour to see some rock tombs (ancient Caunos) which is what we thought.  Turns out that they just drop you off and let you do the exploring with no guide. And the rock tombs were much farther up the river than where they dropped us off.  So we never got to actually see the rock tombs. 


Then after we got back from the tour we tried to leave where we were, but then again the wind and the waves were wrong. Dinner later that day was a disaster because it turns out that if you have meat and you're eating outside a swarm of bees comes and tries to eat the meat. 


Helping Papa polish the stainless steel -- almost every day!
Then the next day we left and got to the marina we wanted to go to, right in the town of Marmaris. We stayed there for 2 days and really enjoyed it.    On the 3rd day we left and went to a neighboring marina.  When we got to the spot they assigned us it really sucked because we were on the other side -- the farthest spot from the marina office and grocery store and restaurant and swimming pool and anything else. 


Well, that's all folks :).      



No comments:

Post a Comment