6/20/2011

A sail from Kythnos to Kea

I'm the yellow dot near the top left.

Today we left an island named Kythnos and motor sailed to another island named Kea. Although before we left Kythnos I got Papa to take me to a beach so I could climb up a mountain. About half way through the trail i was at a patch of dirt, and couldn`t decide where to go. But eventually I found the other part of the path. While I was walking up the path I saw a flat area that I could walk on. I went though the area and found a place that looked like it was a church. But I got a little closer and saw a goat with huge horns that really scared me on the inside. Then shortly after I made it to the top of the mountain, but I didn`t go further because I then saw a herd a goats and immediately went down. On the way down I decided I would try to throw a rock at the sea but there were rocks that were sorta blocking
A picture of the mountain
my shot so I never hit  the sea. Also on the way down the mountain I thought I would take a souvenir, so I got a piece of polished and shaved marble. At the bottom of the mountain I went back to the spot where I had arrived and took a shell. Then almost immediately Papa took me back to the boat.     

On the trip to Kea while we were sailing in the calmest waters we set our fishing line out.  About 2hours and 30min later we saw what we thought was a dead body but was actually a big dead goat floating in the water.  How did a bid dead goat come to be floating in the sea?

When we put our anchor down then we got the dingy in the water and went to town. While we were in town we went to the the Port Police and to the Super Market. While we were at the Port Police we saw a huge bee fly around us.. Then after that we went to the Super Market.

At the Super Market I saw one of the biggest coke bottles I had ever seen , and in total it was a liter of coke. Then on the trip back the winds had picked to 18 knots and the waves got even bigger.  On the way back to the boat we were all soaking wet.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Zachary,

    Wow, it looks like your really having fun! Your story felt like we were right there watching the goats. Great picture of you steering the boat too!

    Fair winds,

    Michael & Linda
    S/Y B'Sheret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zachary,
    Aunt Krystal and I think your blog is terrific!
    I feel that I'm on the trip with you and check every day for your updates.
    Keep up the good work.
    Miss you.
    MeMaw

    ReplyDelete